IBM PX Advance course DX455

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Raftsman
Premium Member
Premium Member

IBM PX Advance course DX455

Post by Raftsman »

I am not sure when IBM added the PX EE 8.0 Advance course but has anyone been on it and is it worth it for someone that has been working in the 8.0 environment for two years. I took the advanced 7.5 EE course and would like to know if it's in my best interest to take the 8.0 course.

From reading the outline, it looks very similar to the 7.5 course.

Thanks
rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

Could be worth it, because you get to work with heterogenous database environments- DB2/Teradata/etc..If i could do it , i would do it..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

rameshrr3 wrote:Could be worth it, because you get to work with heterogenous database environments- DB2/Teradata/etc.
Only in theory.

It's "marketing-speak".

The version 7.5 class runs with DB2 UDB, yet makes the same claim.

That said, they do supply quite good notes on the other main database types (Oracle, Informix and Teradata), even though "hands on" doesn't happen in the classes run at IBM Education Centers. I guess if you purchased on-site training some or all of these could come into play.

According to some IBM sales folks I've met, this is the only database you'll ever need.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.