Exception raised in GCI subroutine: Access violation

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pradkumar
Charter Member
Charter Member

Exception raised in GCI subroutine: Access violation

Post by pradkumar »

Hi Everyone,

I have a project imported from7.5 version on Unix to version 8.0.1 on windows server. I have got all the connection details to the database. Iam trying to run the jobs in new environment.

Details about Unix 7.5 server Jobs

Source:Informix database
Target : Informix. and using the Informix CLI stage in the jobs.

Details about version 8.0.1 on windows Server:

Got access to the informix database through Informix sdk client . When i texecuted the same job the job is getting aborted. The logfile has warning

DataStage Job 67 Phantom 2380
Program "DSP.Open": Line 122, Exception raised in GCI subroutine:
Access violation.
Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage lkp_zip..lkp_zip_in
DataStage Phantom Aborting with @ABORT.CODE = 3

I searched the forum for answers to this. There are similar posts and i tried to look in to the Job 67, line 122 but i couldn't understand the error.

From my understanding, able to load the files from source Informix cli stage to files but not able to load the records from

Source Informix cli ---> T/f --->Target Informix Cli stage.

I replaced the target Informix Cli stage to ODBC stage and ran the same job , this time the job was finished with some warnings.( Even in version 7.5 the jobs are finished with warnings)

Could any one suggest why the records were not loading to target Informix CLI stage, and working with ODBC stage.

Is there any way to fix this.

Appreciate any suggestions/recommendations on this

Thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Do you have any other jobs that use Informix stages, and do any of them work? I would at first assume that the installation and setup for the Informix connectivity has not been completed correctly.
pradkumar
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by pradkumar »

Thanks ArndW

All the jobs are using the Informix Cli stage and none if the job is working. I have tried connecting to the Informix Database using the IBM Informix Datadirect Wire Protocol,IBM Informix , IBM Informix ODBC driver and got the error message:

Data source name not found and no default driver specified
DSTAGE-INFCLI-0005`:`Unable to connect to Informix ODBC data source 'Informix'.

But by using the Informix sdk client 3.2 driver iam able to view the data from Informix CLI stage , but not able to run the job and i have mentioned the error i got.

Could you tell which native informix driver i need to use for these jobs.

Thanks
pradkumar
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by pradkumar »

Hi,

I have opened support ticket with the IBM to resolve this issue and still they are working on this issue.
In unix the project default NLS was ISO-8859-1. While playing with the jobs i have changed the NLS to NONE in windows server. After that the jobs are working fine.
So i would like to know how the jobs are depended on NLS and previously i have got the phantom error when i put the NLS to ISO-8859-1.
Iam curious to know whether the issue got resolved or not?
Anyone could suggest about this issue.

Thanks
pradkumar
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by pradkumar »

Any Suggestions Please.