XMETA password

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jtsoong
Participant

XMETA password

Post by jtsoong »

Hi,

Just wondering something.

If i change the XMETA password on the database, where do I change it within DataStage?

(doesn't seem to be anything on the forum about this)

Cheers :)

Jon
jtsoong
Participant

looking around

Post by jtsoong »

Hi,

So i've looked around..

There is a file /opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/.odbc.ini.

Under the '[Oracle]' section there is a 'Password=' which is blank.

Would anyone know if this is where i'd have to enter the Oracle password for XMETA if the XMETA password were to change?

Cheers

Jon
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I think that the password is hidden and encrypted in one or more of the .jar files as well; and I wouldn't know how to go about changing the encrypted values (yes, untar and look into /classes/ojb-conf.jar).

Doesn't WebSphere administration interface offer a place where you can change the XMETA password, perhaps in the JDBC providers section?
iDomz
Participant

Post by iDomz »

I have installed xmeta only on DB2 on Windows. The authentication is OS based, so essentially we could change the password for xmeta OS user to that of db user and it will work fine. I could use that method when password expired on our test system and found the policies did not allow re-use of password.
sjfearnside
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjfearnside »

I have been advised by a knowledgable IBM consultant to set the xmeta password to be non-expiring. If the xmeta is not accessible, then your datastage environment will not work.