Estimation templare required

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mohandl
Participant

Estimation templare required

Post by mohandl »

Hello all,

I want to prepare estimation template for datastage jobs ,if any one have template please share this will be helpful for me.

Mohan.
MOHAN
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Once you have upgraded to version 8 you will have a resource estimation tool at your fingertips. The main things that you need to estimate on the technical side are to do with resource consumption: CPU, memory, disk space and so on.

I suspect you are not looking for this at all, but rather how to estimate the amount of time required for development of DataStage jobs. The first question that arises, then, is just how good are your developers?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DS_SUPPORT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DS_SUPPORT »

Vincent Mc Burney has written a article on ittoolbox , please check whether it is useful.

And there was a another doc, but now it is password protected. Check with the author , whether you can have access.
mohandl
Participant

Post by mohandl »

DS_SUPPORT wrote:Vincent Mc Burney has written a article on ittoolbox , please check whether it is useful.

And there was a another doc, but now it is password protected. Check with the author , whether you can have access.
Itried with the Author name (Joshy),but i am not able to access ,please give me some other way to find
MOHAN
DS_SUPPORT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DS_SUPPORT »

I dont know any other ways, you need to get access from the author only.
mohandl
Participant

Post by mohandl »

I got access to that link from Joshy George,Thx Joshy it's good document.

Mohan
MOHAN