Capture DsDirector log in 7.5.1A

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vijaykatneni2
Participant

Capture DsDirector log in 7.5.1A

Post by vijaykatneni2 »

In my scenario what i have to do is I have to capture the ds director log and i have to sent this log to the support personnel if the job got aborted.

For example if i am extracting the data from a database(ex Oracle)in ds job we need to give schema name & username & password.If i gave wrong password and run the job,it will create a error log in director stating that "username or password not correct "

My dsjob was able to capture this director log and sent an e-mail notification to apporiate service personnel.

so for accommodating this requirement what is the best way and is there any way to write the director log into a .txt file.

Thanks in advance.
ureddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Capture DsDirector log in 7.5.1A

Post by ureddy »

If you are good in writing BASIC routines, write a routine to get the log(in to a file) when the job gets abort, and attach that file;send to support personnel thru notification activity.
Reddy
mahadev.v
Participant

Post by mahadev.v »

Write a BASIC routine. Do a search on ds in the online help of datastage. You will get a couple of subroutines and their syntax. Use them to get the log and then search for the fatal errors or just retrieve the fatal errors.
"given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow" - Eric S. Raymond
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Go to the Director client. Under the Project menu choose Print. In the Print dialog choose Print to File. Email the file to whomever needs it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.