How to clear all locks of the job

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tsn
Participant

How to clear all locks of the job

Post by tsn »

Have opened two jobs in a session. both jobs are not compiled, just got imported. the datatstage got timedout. when I tried to open the job, i am getting a message like the job is being accessed by another resource.

I tried in director using clean up resource,
then killed the session in the unix
then logged into administrator and used DS.TOOLS and followed the menu

nothing worked out, still i couldn't able to access the job.

I found the PSID is 0 for two jobs. The lock type is RECORD lock.

can you pls help me out in clear the lock held by the job.

tks.
with regards,
tsn
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Restarting your DataStage server is the safest. A process ID (if that's what you mean by PSID) of 0 ought not to hold any DataStage locks - it suggests problems in the lock table itself.

If you can post the relevant lines from a LIST.READU EVERY report then more targeted suggestions may be able to be offered.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
tsn
Participant

Post by tsn »

have you mentioned anything after "If you.........." in your reply, if so, i am unable to read it..............
with regards,
tsn
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

tsn wrote:have you mentioned anything after "If you.........." in your reply, if so, i am unable to read it..............
The content you saw has been considered as premium content in the thread which can be fully accessible only to premium members.

Rest of information on 'how to' would be available in many other posts.