Resetting VOC

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

PFG
Premium Member
Premium Member

Resetting VOC

Post by PFG »

Hi,

I trying to restore our EPM pilot environment from prod we always have issues with getting the Hash file to match the database. My new approaches this time was to delete all the Hash files then to recreate them. To delete them I used a unix command. The problem in doing this is that it does not clean up the VOC entry. I did not realize until after that there is a job utility that we have called PurgeAllHashFiles that I assume also cleans up the VOC. Is there a command to execute that cleans up the VOC or should I just dump all the Prod Hash files into pilot and then run the PurgeAllHashFiles.
Is it just me or is just really a pain to restore Prod to other environments and get everything in sync?
Thanks,
Randy Young
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

There is no builtin easy way to do this in the VOC file for those not familiar with TCL.

I don't know what site you are at, but the name sounds like a job I might have written. The code will most likely select all "F"ile type VOC entries, then check to see if the data and dictionary part files exist on disk.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The command CLEAN.ACCOUNT will interactively delete VOC entries that point to files that can not be opened. By interactively I mean that it will ask you whether or not it is OK to do so. This is a "green screen" utility, so there is no "yes to all".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.