IBM INformation Server Start and Stop

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rani_cute
Participant

IBM INformation Server Start and Stop

Post by rani_cute »

Hi

I have installed IBM information server on windows 2003 server.
Actually i am using a laptop with dualcore processor,1GB Ram.(General Config.)
Datastage 8.0 was working fine till recently but suddently i come up with an error "FAILED TO AUTHENTICATE"
When i check out for the services...i found that "IBM INFORMATION SERVER" is failing to start.i tryed to start it but it starts and stops by it self.

Do any one have clue on what exactly is happening.

rani_cute
Participant

Re: IBM INformation Server Start and Stop

Post by rani_cute »

rani_cute wrote:Hi

I have installed IBM information server on windows 2003 server.
Actually i am using a laptop with dualcore processor,1GB Ram.(General Config.)
Datastage 8.0 was working fine till recently but suddently i come up with an error "FAILED TO AUTHENTICATE"
When i check out for the services...i found that "IBM INFORMATION SERVER" is failing to start.i tryed to start it but it starts and stops by it self.

Do any one have clue on what exactly is happening.

Is it due to not enough resources...if so dat is the case....i working on it from many months...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It may be insufficient memory. IBM recommends a minimum of 2GB just for the client alone. IBMers who have to run on laptops all have 3GB or 4GB of RAM in those.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rani_cute
Participant

Post by rani_cute »

Yeah i agree but...i have been using it from many months....n suddenly it is not working...help would really b appreciated
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Silly question, perhaps, but any chance you are using a trial license and it... expired? Or perhaps you've got a rogue anti-virus issue? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Check ALL your logins and passwords: DB2 admin, IS Admin, WAS Admin. This can happen if one of your passwords was set to expire after three months.
rani_cute
Participant

Post by rani_cute »

Thank You vmcburney for the concern...

The most important thing is my licence didnt expired and other thing is all usr didnt expired...

the issue is my IBM information server is not starting...it is starting n after 2 to 3 seconds it is stopping...