Slowly changing dimensions and DSSCD routines

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kstrigun
Participant

Slowly changing dimensions and DSSCD routines

Post by kstrigun »

Does any one know how to use the datastage routine DSSCD and/or the SCD2 Transform. I cant seem to find any documentation on these. I'm trying to find some examples on how to set up one that uses slowing changing dimensions to handle changes to our customer dimension.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you please check to determine whether this routine was written in-house at your site? I don't have it on my system. The same is true of the "SCD2 Transform". What is its provenance?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kstrigun
Participant

Post by kstrigun »

No one at my site has any recollection of these so I'm under the impression they came with 7.5

These are located under Routines / DS / SCD and under Transforms / SCD
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not on any 7.5 system with which I've worked.
Nor do these categories exist.

They've come from in-house or from some consultant you've used. Can you look at the documentation (General or Version tab) to see whether they've admitted to authorship?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kstrigun
Participant

Post by kstrigun »

Ok, that's a good idea, Thanks for your help. I'll close this topic