problem of join stage

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

yulangok
Participant

problem of join stage

Post by yulangok »

We developed a complex job with several lookup stages.Now we should update the job in view of the attribute of lookup and join stage, and we decide to use join stage to repalce lookup stage. As I am going to finish my job and I use the join stage to replace the last lookup stage, a problem appears.The error message is "cs}}},0: Failure during execution of operator logic. " and "cs}}},0: Fatal Error: Fork failed: Not enough space". My job is so complex that I think that the reason may be that it exceeds the capability of the datastage server.
My dear friends, please give me advice.
Many thanks!
devidotcom
Participant

Post by devidotcom »

Why don't you seat calmly and check what kind of join types you have applied.

The Operator logic error appears when the code has some faults.... I mean coded wrongly.

I understand as the job is complex its a pain but thats the solution.
ArndW
Participant

Re: problem of join stage

Post by ArndW »

yulangok wrote:Fatal Error: Fork failed: Not enough space
is a message from your OS (you can look that up using google). What OS do you have, what are the ulimit settings, how many nodes in your APT_CONFIG file?
yulangok
Participant

Post by yulangok »

MY OS is WinXp, and my sever OS is HP UNXI. There are 4 notes in my APT_CONFIG file. Please tell me how I check ulimit setteing.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please post something that explains how this problem was resolved.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

As a datastage user enter "ulimit -a" at UNIX. Better yet, add "ulimit -a" to a ExecSH call in your job's before-job routine call and view the result in the log file.