DUAL MONITOR EDIT DERIVATION ERROR

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ccatania
Premium Member
Premium Member

DUAL MONITOR EDIT DERIVATION ERROR

Post by ccatania »

One of our developers who is using 2 monitors ran to an unexpected error message while trying to edit in the Transform stage:

"an unexpected error has occurred in a call to the stage Server column object. (EditDerivation) :?:

It took us a while to figure out the source of this error message, as usual we rounded up all the usual suspects but turned up no leads. :?

By chance I unexpanded his screen which was stretched to the second monitor to fit on to the one monitor and the error disappeared. :shock:

so for the few who have the luxury to work with 2 monitors, be aware if you stretch the transform beyond the 1/2 point of the second monitor and you receive this error message, bring it back in and you'll be good to go. This error message appeared on every job he opened the Transform stage.
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

I second your finding. I just got curious and checked it out with my similar setup.
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
wejones
Participant

Re: DUAL MONITOR EDIT DERIVATION ERROR

Post by wejones »

I know this is an old thread but I thought I'd mention I got the same error using a single 4k monitor and this thread helped in identifying the cause. Had to change from 'maximized' on the designer window.