Mq Connector Stage Column Output

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

wjfitzgerald
Participant

Mq Connector Stage Column Output

Post by wjfitzgerald »

Hi,

I am using a Mq Connector Stage to pass data to a queue. the connection is working fine and i am getting data on the queue. the problem is that i have 3 columns going into the Mq connector stage but only one is appearing on the MQ itself.

Don't know if it is coincidental or not, but i am collecting and sorting (mergesort) on the other two fields.

Any thoughts on what is ahppening my two fields??
If it is a case that only one (or certain) fields or placed on the queue, how is this controlled?

Thanks
John Fitz
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

hmm. Hard to tell...looks like it could be an anomaly --- side by side in the same Job, the MQPlugin puts in all columns just fine, but indeed, by default anyway, in a simple test I just did, the Connector only puts in the first column. If you don't need coordination with an MQConnector at the source, use the Plugin instead. Lately I've been sending only single column chunks of XML into the stage, so haven't tried multiple cols, and so haven't run into this...my guess is that it should work fine....if not though, Column Export could be used to bring them together, if not a Transformer...

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
wjfitzgerald
Participant

Post by wjfitzgerald »

thanks for coming back on this.

I am in the same position, mainly using this for xml messages.
I just noticed this when playing around and was trying to find an explanation.

Regards,

JOhn Fitz