39125 error-Not a UV account

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mini
Participant

39125 error-Not a UV account

Post by mini »

Hi,

The datastage server was down for past weeks.
Now the server is up,but when i try to connect to server using DataStage tool,I get an error saying ' The directory you are connecting to is either not a UV account or does not exist(39125) '

What is this error? What does this mean?

Please help me out as this is very urgent.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Welcome Aboard :D

Make sure the Datastage is brought up when the server is on.
Check if the Datastage service is running in the Server.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

mini - welcome to DSXchange. Please don't use "urgent" in that context, this site is not a replacement for a service contract but is to be used as an adjunct.

If you enter your account, userid and password in the client tool, then click on the drop-down box for the project do you get a list or an error message?
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Sounds like your installation is corrupted. Either the projects didn't come back in the same physical directory or somebody messed around with something.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
mini
Participant

Post by mini »

Ohk ArndW,I'l keep this in mind.
I do get a list when i click on the drop down but when I try to login I get UV account error
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

That means that the DataStage engine is running, but the path that the projects are supposed to be in are invalid or missing key files.
mini
Participant

Post by mini »

Ohk, Even I had concluded the same reason but wanted to confirm.

Thanks
:)
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Try to log into the Adminstrator Command to that project and try running DS.REINDEX ALL. See if the indices aer corrupted for the project that can be restored.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DS.REINDEX ALL won't help.

This error usually indicates a problem with one of the system tables UV.ACCOUNT or UV_SCHEMA. Did "they", as part of getting the system back up and running, re-locate any of your DataStage components, particularly the DSEngine directory or project directories?

Can you connect to the server using the Administrator client, which does not attach to a project (at least not initially)?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.