USE FUNCTIONS LIKE DateFromDaysSince() IN PARALLEL ROUTINES?

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

saraswati
Premium Member
Premium Member

USE FUNCTIONS LIKE DateFromDaysSince() IN PARALLEL ROUTINES?

Post by saraswati »

i WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE ARE SPECIFIC HEADER (.H) FILES TO INCLUDE DATASTAGE TRANSFORM PARALLEL FUNCTIONS IN PARALLEL ROUTINES.
Nripendra Chand
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nripendra Chand »

all letters in capital shows that you are shouting... please avoid using all letters in capital.
-Nripendra Chand
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Hello Saraswati and welcome to DSXchange.

Yes, there are header files you need to include. The Advanced Parallel Developer's Guide has a chapter on the API. The file you need to include for DS function definitions is the $DSHOME/include/dsapi.h

Now that I tried it I realized that the PX function definitions are not in there, I also searched the product for header files that declare the function and didn't have any luck at all. I look forward to someone posting a header file location - I'm curious now.
saraswati
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by saraswati »

[quote="ArndW"]Hello Saraswati and welcome to DSXchange.

I am also on the same search method .
I found out /apt_components/general has all the headers for the individual stages.But there is no header for the transform stage.A header of the transform stage may be a clue to the problem.....
Do you know the header file for the parallel transform?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The transform stage c++ programs are hidden in the repository but they unfortunately don't contain any headers.
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by balajisr »

Saraswati,

There is a header file named transform.h under /../PXEngine/include/apt_components/stats/.

Is this what you are looking for?
saraswati
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by saraswati »

Unfortunately there are no functions defined in transform.h...Please let me know if you can find the correct header with all transform function.

balajisr wrote:Saraswati,

There is a header file named transform.h under /../PXEngine/include/apt_components/stats/.

Is this what you are looking for?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

C:\Program Files\Ascential\DataStage\Docs\parjdev.pdf
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
saraswati
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by saraswati »

There is no entry in the PDf that tells u about the transform functions like date DateFromDaysSince().Please let me know if you have a header file for that?

ray.wurlod wrote:C:\Program Files\Ascential\DataStage\Docs\parjdev.pdf
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is no header file. But there are descriptions of all the functions in an Appendix in the document to which I referred. You can construct your own prototypes from that and the APT classes which are also documented.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.