Individual Job export and Director log via unix or win CMD

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

enigmatic28
Participant

Individual Job export and Director log via unix or win CMD

Post by enigmatic28 »

Hi,

Is there a way to individually export the DataStage jobs and also to extract the Directors log of a specific job using UNIX or via windows command line?

The reason why i am asking because my connection to the server is a little slow at the moment and i need to export a specific job (not the whole category) via Unix or windows command line (which ever is faster)

Thanks...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Export of a Job
Not possible from UNIX command line, but possible using dsexport from the Windows command line.

Log
Not directly. Each job log is a database table, and you need to know the job number associated with it. If you do, you can invoke a dssh command on the server containing appropriate SQL to retrieve what you wish from the particular job log. Search the forum for "RT_LOG" to get more information, such as the column names available.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
enigmatic28
Participant

Post by enigmatic28 »

I was able to use the DSEXPORT under windows... thanks for the hint...

i was not able to read your entire post (cant read premium contents) but i think i got what you were saying... i found the other topics that talk about the -logSUM and -logDETAIL and was un able to run the -logDETAIL...

just a last question, how do you extract a log in UNIX or in Widows DOS with the same format as printing the log file using the Director to a file?

Thanks...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You don't. Not without accessing the log itself (which is a database table, so that might mean SQL or other commands that can read individual entries) and reformatting the heck out of what you get back.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
enigmatic28
Participant

Post by enigmatic28 »

ahh... I see... thanks for the big help...