PROJDEF

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

subrat
Premium Member
Premium Member

PROJDEF

Post by subrat »

Hi,

Why we use PROJDEF parameter and whats the utility of this parameter. The question seems to be silly one bt as i am new to this tool so expecting ur help on this.

Moreover what is "Orachastrate"?

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

$PROJDEF is one of three special tokens that you can use to set the default value of a job parameter that is an environment variable. It means that, unless some other value is supplied when the job run request is issued, that DataStage should obtain the value from the project; that is, from the environment variables that have been set up in the Administrator client.

Orchestrate is the name given by Torrent Systems to their parallel execution architecture. Torrent Systems was acquired by Ascential Software (the then vendors of DataStage), but the underlying parallel execution engine remains called Orchestrate.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
subrat
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by subrat »

Thanks Ray...

U mean to say at Run time we need to pass value to the $PROJDEF parameter?
Is this environment var defined in the configuration file. If yes then whats the default value.

Thanks

ray.wurlod wrote:$PROJDEF is one of three special tokens that you can use to set the default value of a job parameter that is an environment variable. It means that, unless some other value is supplied when the job r ...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I described fully in my earlier post how it works.

Premium membership costs less than 30c per day, and allows one (among other things) to read all of what premium posters have to say. Premium membership is totally allocated to helping to defray the hosting and bandwidth costs incurred by DSXchange. By becoming a premium member you are helping to keep DSXchange alive.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
subrat
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by subrat »

Thanks Ray for the suggestion.

I got the relevent information from earlier post. Thanks again.
ray.wurlod wrote:I described fully in my earlier post how it works.

Premium membership costs less than 30c per day, and allows one (among other things) to read all of what premium posters have to say. Premium membership is totally allocated to helping to defray the hosting and bandwidth costs incurred by DSXchange. By becoming a premium member you are helping to keep DSXchange alive.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Then you should mark the post as Resolved. And in case it isn't obvious PROJDEF is short for Project Default and is explained in the manuals.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers