importing tables from odbc

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

phanipriya
Participant

importing tables from odbc

Post by phanipriya »

While trying to retrive table data from import using odbc definitions i am getting the following error showing as

Datastage repository interface

DSR.MetaGeta:Cannot read result file DS_METATEMP record METAGETA-2600 from GetMetaData

this is only with db2 database tables rest all the databases (oracle,sqlserver) its working

any suggestions

thanks &regards
priya
phani
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Those symptoms suggest that either the DB2 client software is not properly/fully configured, that you have not run bind20 (or bind19, as the case may be), you may not have set required DB2 environment variables such as DB2INSTANCE, or that you have not properly created the DSN for connecting to your DB2 data source. Please investigate all these things.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
gokulsagi
Participant

same problem not yet rectified

Post by gokulsagi »

HI all

i too had the same problem not yet resolved while importing table structure using ODBC table definitions .

heres the error in brief :

BCI ERROR:SQLSTATE=38553,CODE=-443,[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT]SQL0443N Routine "SYSIBM.SQLCOLUMNS" (specific name "COLUMNS") has returned an error SQLSTATE with diagnostic text "SYSIBM:CLI:-727".SQLSTATE=38553

I would like to have any explanation or material to go through

---------------
Thanks
gokul
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Gokul - this is a different error. Ignore datastage for the moment and read up (or use Google) for SQLSTATE=38553 and -727 to find out why you are getting this. Hint - it has to do with privileges.