Run-time error '13' Type mismatch

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shiv4003
Participant

Post by shiv4003 »

Hi

When i try logging to my manager am getting the error as

Dont know what is this all about.

when i searched in the forum i got the solution as

It could be your date in regional settings, or regional settings in general, that needs to be changed to us-settings.

But i couuld not understand this.Can any one help me out with this issue Please.

Regards,
Siva
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you open any of the other DataStage clients? At which point in the logging-in sequence does this error occur? Do you have NLS enabled and, if so, what is the client-server mapping (as set in the Administrator client)?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
shiv4003
Participant

Post by shiv4003 »

Hi Ray

Am able to open my Administrator,Designer,Director.but when i try opening my Manager ,i get this error.I have my NLS enabled.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Are you certain that your Admin client has the correct version? If you have the CD you might try to reinstall the client software in case the program or associated library might have been overwritten.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Especially if this behaviour is specific to you / your PC and everything works fine for anyone else.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
shiv4003
Participant

Post by shiv4003 »

This problem exists not only for me but for all my fellow mates. cant uninstall
ash_singh84
Participant

Post by ash_singh84 »

Well the problem seems to be related to NLS. Cross check with every other user whether they have changed some configurations? Lastely obtain the latest service pack for XP and try that too!!
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Do you have several projects? Does this happen for all projects?
shiv4003
Participant

Post by shiv4003 »

Hi

I have 6 projects .But this error am facing in only one project.

Please help us out as we are in the Production move.

Regards,
Siva
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Since it only happens in one project, it isn't a client issue. You most likely have some sort of corruption in that project. Try using DS.TOOLS option 2 to see if that fixes the problem, but do a UNIX level backup of the project directory first in addition to a full export. If the DS.TOOLS doesn't fix the problem, it would be quickest for you to ensure that you have a good DataStage export, delete the original project and re-create it and impor the DataStage objects.
shiv4003
Participant

Post by shiv4003 »

Can you please tell us what is DS.TOOLS option 2 .A part of your mesage we are unable to view.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

shiv4003 - DSXChange is a supplement to the documentation and help files, not a replacement. In addition, the search function is very powerful and should be used before posting questions. In this case, searching for "DS.TOOLS" yielded 367 matches, so I see no need to explain DS.TOOLS once again.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

You need to hold Premium Membership to view his full content. His emphasis is on taking the whole project backup before you proceed with anything.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'