Calling Server routines from a parallel job

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Ush
Participant

Calling Server routines from a parallel job

Post by Ush »

Hi

Is it possible to call a server routine written in BASIC from a parallel job

Thanks
DS_SUPPORT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DS_SUPPORT »

Use the basic transformer and call the server routines there.
Ush
Participant

Post by Ush »

Hi

Thanks for your reply.I used transformer in parallel job and when I r-click it shows only parallel routines.Please let me know if I am missing something

Thanks
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

That means you didn't put the BASIC_Transformer stage on your parallel job's canvas.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The BASIC Transformer stage is deliberately not in the Palette by default, as its use is discouraged (because it has a number of execution limitations, particularly in a multiple machine environment). You can find it in the Stage Types branch of the Repository - and, if you wish, customize your Palette to add it. Beware, however, that it has the same icon as the parallel Transformer stage in the design area, so make sure to annotate any use of a BASIC Transformer stage so as to alert future maintainers to the fact that you have used one.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.