Multiple instance of a sequence

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kishorenvkb
Participant

Multiple instance of a sequence

Post by kishorenvkb »

Hello,

We have a need to execute the same sequence by two jobs at the same time. I have checked the option of "allow multiple instance" on the sequence. But, when I execute the sequence through UNIX script, I get a failure message saying that the sequence is already running.

Please assist.

Thanks

Kishore
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Just enabling multinstance is not enough, you need to call the sequence with a different name. If your instance is called "TestSequence" then you need to call it with names like "TestSequence.Instance1" and "TestSequence.pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis"
kishorenvkb
Participant

Post by kishorenvkb »

You are wonderful!!!

That did it.

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Wow... that's a real word (or at least mostly real) and means just about what I thought it would mean. :wink:
The OED wrote:"a factitious word alleged to mean 'a lung disease caused by the inhalation of very fine silica dust found in volcanoes' but occurring chiefly as an instance of a very long word." It was coined to serve as the longest English word. It is one of several dust inhalation lung diseases called pneumoconeoses."
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I memorized that in grade school so I could show up those people who were spouting "antidisestablishmentarianism" :shock:
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I always preferred "smiles" - a word with a mile between the first and last letters.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Then "they" switched to using kilometres. :(
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.