SCD stage implementation samples in DS 8.0(Hawk)

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vinayc
Participant

SCD stage implementation samples in DS 8.0(Hawk)

Post by vinayc »

Hi,
Currently i am working on SCD stage in DS 8.0. But I am facing the problems of setting the purpose codes. I want to implement the Type 2 SCD. The purpose code 'Expiration date' can have the Expires derivation but I am not getting the correct method to specify it.
Has anyone implemented this before?? I just want to know the samples implementation.
Can anyone help me on this??
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

There is a presentation on the SCD stage at the LeverageInformation site. The link is in my blog post 7 Even Better Online DataStage Tutorials. It shows a demonstration of using the stage.
vinayc
Participant

Post by vinayc »

Thanks a lot Sir.
It will help me a lot.
vinayc
Participant

Post by vinayc »

vmcburney wrote:There is a presentation on the SCD stage at the LeverageInformation site. The link is in my blog post [url=http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/bi/websphere ... torials-20 ...

Hello,
I used all the steps given in that presentation about SCD. But rather than updating a row with expired condition, it is inserting a new blank row having only expired condition (eg: CurrentDate())
Can you please help me on this issue?
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Not sure I understand you. Are you trying to expire a dimension row? You would need to close out the existing dimension row setting end date to current date. You then need to decide whether to leave it at that or insert a new row with a status of expired and a high end date. I'm not sure the best method of expiring a dimension in SCD 2.
vinayc
Participant

Post by vinayc »

vmcburney wrote:Not sure I understand you. Are you trying to expire a dimension row? You would need to close out the existing dimension row setting end date to current date. You then need to decide whether to leav ...

Hello,
I have done the same thing. Iam trying to expire a dimension row with the current date. But it is not getting updated.