Data insertion to database

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

arun_kumar
Participant

Data insertion to database

Post by arun_kumar »

Hi all,

I had a problem like this:-

In a directory i used to get flat files in different timings.Every time it has to check for the files are existed in directory or not then it has to insert data to database.Is there any stage to resolve this situation.i mean checking and inserting data to database.

If meatadata is same for these files.

OR

If it is having different metadata which stage i have to prefer for both parallel and server jobs.

Thanks in advance.
Arunkumar..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You design what you need.

Server jobs are particular about metadata; with parallel jobs you can use the Schema File property to be a little more flexible, but you still need to map the various different target columns from source.

Surely there is a small and finite set of metadata variations?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I would typically script a 'checker' like that. Then with all metadata the same, process all files at once by concatenation or via the Filter option. Otherwise, a looping structure can be built to process them one-by-one.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers