Mismatch in number of column between data and link

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kovacici
Participant

Post by kovacici »

Hi all,

I have a problem that is described several times here and is as follows:

We get the error:

SAP_DFKKKO..Transformer_14: Mismatch in number of column between data and link
At row 2, link "DSLink16", while processing column "DFKKOP_OPBEL"

Haven't seen any good suggestions yet on the forum so please advise if any of u solved this problem....
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Welcome. Help us help you - provide more detail about your problem. Simply stating your error isn't enough - describe your job design and what exactly is going on when the error is thrown. I get the impression you are reading a flat file but that would still be a guess.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kovacici
Participant

Post by kovacici »

chulett wrote:Welcome. Help us help you - provide more detail about your problem. Simply stating your error isn't enough - describe your job design and what exactly is going on when the error is thrown. I get the impression you are reading a flat file but that would still be a guess.
Hi,

first of all we are not reading from flat file. Job is Server Job and we are using ABAP Extraction in which we have defined JOIN between tables DFKKKO and DFKKOP .

The trick is that when we change from these tables to eg. ADR6 and some other table joins everything is working fine, all the data is transformed and load to data Warehouse is working fine.

The error is generated when we try to load data from DFKKKO and DFKKOP tables only.

Also we managed to load data from one system, and the same job is not working on the other system,we tried with Copy of job, New job, other tables... everything.

Only thing we have noticed on SAP is that versions of these tables are 29.03.2006 on the first system and 30.03.2006 on the second system where we get error. All the columns and data types of DFKKKO and DFKKOP are the same on these two systems.

thanx in advance,

regards!

s
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sorry, don't know anything about SAP personally. You can still help others by describing your job design - list of stages used and the general flow would be helpful information.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kwwilliams
Participant

Post by kwwilliams »

Are you generating the using an ABAP program, generating sql? Are you using ftp, cpic or file transfer?

Have you compared the two versions of your table for differences to see if there are fields that are not present in your production environment that you have selected from your development environment?

have you tried to validate the stage?
kovacici
Participant

Post by kovacici »

kwwilliams wrote:Are you generating the using an ABAP program, generating sql? Are you using ftp, cpic or file transfer?

Have you compared the two versions of your table for differences to see if there are fields that are not present in your production environment that you have selected from your development environment?

have you tried to validate the stage?
Hi,

yes, SQL is generated and we are using cpic for data transfer.
I have compared all the columns from these tables on both environments and they are the same. Should i check all the domains of data elements also???

and yes we have validated the stage.

thanx,

s
lkthoma
Participant

Post by lkthoma »

We just had the exact same error today! After a bit of searching, I found our issue was related to not having enough disk space. Our ABAP extract was writing to a sequential file, but the device was out of free disk space. I cleaned up a few large files and re-ran with success. Just something to check since I dont know the flow of your job.
lkthoma
lkthoma
Participant

Post by lkthoma »

We just had the exact same error today! After a bit of searching, I found our issue was related to not having enough disk space. Our ABAP extract was writing to a sequential file, but the device was out of free disk space. I cleaned up a few large files and re-ran with success. Just something to check since I dont know the flow of your job.
lkthoma
lkthoma
Participant

Post by lkthoma »

lkthoma
lkthoma
Participant

Post by lkthoma »

Sorry about the redundant posts. Our Firewall had an issue and I kept hitting the 'submit' button :twisted:
lkthoma