My doc of datastage is different from other's ?

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

wbjk
Participant

My doc of datastage is different from other's ?

Post by wbjk »

I've posted several topics here for the usuage of command line interface.People here always told me to go through the docs of datastage first.
These days ,I've gone though several important doc of datatage such as "Sever job deviloper's guide " . And I really get the usuage of "dsjob" . But I get no words about "dsadmin" in the docs.

Today , I read a post here about "dssearch,uvback" .Then I seached these two keywords in the whole directory(C:\Program Files\Ascential\DataStage7.5\doc\*.pdf),but unfortunately I got nothing.

Is my docs different from others?Is the version(7.5) of my docs out of date?
Why do I get only the usage of "dsjob" and nothing else?
How do people knows many commonds ?
Can someone give me some advice? Thanks!
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

The Server Job Developers Guide has a lot of documentation on dssearch and dsadmin. There is a section called "Commands for Administering WebSphere DataStage" covering all the dsadmin functions eg:
Listing Projects The dsadmin command can be used for listing the projects on a server. dsadmin -listprojects
The file name in version 8 is i46desjd.pdf
wbjk
Participant

Post by wbjk »

vmcburney wrote:The Server Job Developers Guide has a lot of documentation on dssearch and dsadmin. There is a section called "Commands for Administering WebSphere DataStage" covering all the dsadmin functions eg:
How to get the newest docs?
From www.ibm.com???

I've visit ww.ibm.com and I found I was lost in the explosive doc and info.
Where is the entrance for datatage?
wbjk
Participant

Post by wbjk »

Someone has mailed me the docs of datastage 7.5.2. It is really useful.

Thanks.

Still a question , how can we get the new doc ? The website of IBM?
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

The only way to get a new copy of the documentation is to use IBM's Passport Advantage system to load a copy of the documentation down.

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.ws ... wg24015104

You can see the documentation listed under the recommended download images as "InfoSvr_v8.0.1_PDF.zip".

However, this means that your company must be on maintenance with IBM and must be registered for Passport Advantage (which is free when you are on maintenance). The person doing the download must also be either the main contact for your company, or alternatively you can self-nominate your id to get that person's permission to download it yourself.

Because these documents are property of IBM we are not allowed to post them or make them generally available on the DSXchange.

If you don't have access to Passport Advantage your only alternative is to have a friend that has already downloaded a copy of 8.0.1 make you a copy of the directory that contains the documentation.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020