PX job Environment variable settings issue

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

xli
Charter Member
Charter Member

PX job Environment variable settings issue

Post by xli »

Hi, All

I have problem to understand how the parallel job environment varibles being set.

In the same project, I find all sequence jobs have different environment varibles settings from the individual parallel jobs

eg. the PATH variable setting in sequence job and parallel job are quite different.

In sequence job log ("environment variable settings") :
PATH=/opt/unicenter/autosys/autosys/bin:/opt/ncr/bin:/opt/ncr/bin/sparcv9:/opt/tbuild/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/etc/pipc/bin:/opt/SUNWspro/bin:/opt/insight/r/bin:/app/oracle/product/10.1.0/bin:/opt/ncr/bin:/app/oracle/product/10.1.0/bin:/opt/ncr/bin:/app/oracle/product/10.1.0/bin:/opt/ncr/bin:/bin

In parallel job log ("environment varible settings") :
PATH=/app/dstage/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/IIS_FDM_PROD/wrapped:/app/dstage/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/IIS_FDM_PROD/buildop:/app/dstage/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/IIS_FDM_PROD/RT_BP754.O:/app/dstage/Ascential/DataStage/DSCAPIOp:/app/dstage/Ascential/DataStage/RTIOperators:/app/dstage/Ascential/DataStage/DSParallel:/app/dstage/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/user_osh_wrappers:/app/dstage/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/osh_wrappers:/app/dstage/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/bin:/opt/unicenter/autosys/autosys/bin:/opt/ncr/bin:/opt/ncr/bin/sparcv9:/opt/tbuild/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/etc/pipc/bin:/opt/SUNWspro/bin:/opt/insight/r/bin:/app/oracle/product/10.1.0/bin:/opt/ncr/bin:/app/oracle/product/10.1.0/bin:/opt/ncr/bin:/app/oracle/product/10.1.0/bin:/opt/ncr/bin:/bin

As I am going to call ds routine to run parallel command in the sequence job, how can I add "/app/dstage/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/bin" in the sequence job environment PATH variable ?

Any advice will be appreciated.

xli
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Looks to me like your scheduler (AutoSys) is changing the PATH environment variable to suit its own purposes - putting itself up front.

DataStage jobs pick theirs up from the dsenv script.

For whatever reason (primarily because AutoSys works via dsjob command) the PATH environment variable is not being set to include the contents of dsenv. Get the AutoSys script to include execution of the dsenv script.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
xli
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by xli »

ray.wurlod wrote:Looks to me like your scheduler (AutoSys) is changing the PATH environment variable to suit its own purposes - putting itself up front.

DataStage jobs pick theirs up from the dsenv script.

For whatever reason (primarily because AutoSys works via dsjob command) the PATH environment variable is not being set to include the contents of dsenv. Get the AutoSys script to include execution of the dsenv script.
Hi, Ray

Yes, we use autosys to schedule datastage jobs, but I got these two log file by running datastage job directly under DS Director.

xli