linux installation sugestion

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sarangadhar
Participant

linux installation sugestion

Post by sarangadhar »

Hi,
I have two PCs with windows OS and datastage sserver on both of them. I would like to install unix/linux on one of them and install datastage on it, so that I can also have a datastage with linux environment.

How much HDD memory I need to partition for linux for datastage installation?
Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Do you own a Linux license and have proper media? You can't just install on any old O/S, you need the license keys.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DataStage itself does not require much disk space; since you've specified server edition, 100MB should be more than enough for the software.
Beyond that, however, a small amount of disk space (or maybe a large amount) is required for projects. If you keep your projects tidy, your logs purged, and so on, then probably less than 10MB per project will be ample. If you get thousands or millions of entries in your logs, then you're looking at multi-GB per project.

All processes have potential access to all physical memory; you can't configure that.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.