ETL Teamworker

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

lh3
Participant

ETL Teamworker

Post by lh3 »

Hello,

I've come across the role that requests
...able to develop conversions and transformation data using an ETL Teamworker...
I've been working with DataStage since 2002 but never heard about ETL Teamworker.

Do you guys have any idea what it is about?

Thanks

Lubomir
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Honestly, no, I've never heard or seen that term before. :?

Can you post the entire quote and let us know where you found it?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
lh3
Participant

Post by lh3 »

Here you are. This job has been posted on several job sites.
One of our clients is urgently looking for a Datastage Consultant. Required skills: Senior ETL Developer on IBM DataStage. Able to develop conversions and transformation data using an ETL Teamworker. Migration - Real experience with data migration project - Understanding of SAP migrations (SAP IS-Utilities) is a plus. DataStage EE specific (Oracle 9i ; AIX 5.2) Real experience with Data Stage EE 7.5 (EE = PX). Experience with parallel features (process parallelism, database (R/W) parallelism or partitioning). Experience with config mgmt (process/implementation) and with version control. Unix and scheduling (Autosys) skills. Some Oracle DB skills.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Oh, in a job posting. I thought you meant in some DataStage documentation. Seems like something they made up to me. :wink:
-craig

vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

If you remove the word "worker" it all makes sense. Looks like a cut and paste mishap.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Or substitute 'mate' for 'worker', makes even more sense that way. :wink:
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

So "Able to develop conversions and transformation data using an ETL Teamworker" means "able to delegate"?
:twisted:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Sounds like the perfect job for me. I can delegate just about anything, including responsibility.
lh3
Participant

Post by lh3 »

Thanks guys for your quick replies.

I especially like two last ones. When it comes to art of delegation you won't find anyone better than me. But the problem is I can't present myself as someone who only delegates his tasks to the others. (But believe me I'd like to do so. Sometimes.) :wink:

Anyway, now I tend to agree it was some typo. We all know that recruiters don't know too much about technology.

Cheers.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Dennis Bloodnok wrote:It was the least I could do: a quantity in which I specialize.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.