abort job in a single warning

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shrinivas
Participant

abort job in a single warning

Post by shrinivas »

Hi ,
How can I abort a job when it throws a warning . I know we can set the warn limit to 1 . But i dont know how to set it when I run the job thru sequence.Is it a job level setting .
Or is there any other work around .
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Doesn't Search work on your computer?
:roll:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
shrinivas
Participant

Post by shrinivas »

I searched the site . but no where I am getting how to set the warn limit in jobs .every body here is dicussing that we can do it thru warn limit settings but nobody is telling How to fix that settings . May be I missed some messages.
mohdsuf
Participant

Post by mohdsuf »

Hi Shrini,
For this just go to the director where your sequence job is, click on it and then to "Tools" menu in the toolbar. Drop it down and you will see "options" in it.In the "General" tab you can see "Rows" and "Warnings" having radio buttons on it. Select "Abort Job after" and set Warnings to 1. This will help in aborting job after one warning.
Try this that you got it or not.
Sufiyan
shrinivas
Participant

Post by shrinivas »

Thanks Mohdsuf, its working for me .
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

But not for anyone else. You must understand you've just set the default warning limit for the Director client on your PC and nowhere else.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers