Datastage Job Hangs

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shyamrai
Premium Member
Premium Member

Datastage Job Hangs

Post by shyamrai »

WHen I run the Datastage jobs, they are either hanging or aborting.

When I look into the monitor of the jobs which are running for a long time, I see that the time count increasing, but the num rows is still the same. Can I know how to trouble shoot this issue.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

There isn't enough information to make any sort of an analysis; it is like asking a technician at the auto shop to "sometimes my car won't start and sometimes it stalls in traffic. What is wrong?".

Replace your database output stages with peek stages to see if the hangs are caused by writes.
shyamrai
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by shyamrai »

Can I know how to replace the database output stages.

I am sorry I was not clear on my previous email.

I am having this issue basically for loading files from input files with large number of data into the database.

The issue is even with loading data from the hash files
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Oops, I was thinking in terms of PX jobs, there are no peek stages in Server. Just make a copy of your job, replace the database writes with sequential file stages pointing to "/dev/null" and see if you still get a hang.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

When the jobs abort, reset them in Director and look in the log for any entry "from previous run" which may contain diagnostic information. Are there any other warning messages in the job logs for these jobs?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.