Command line export

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

edwardlee
Participant

Command line export

Post by edwardlee »

Dear all,

I want to export serveral datastage jobs in one file with following commands in windows.

"C:\Program Files\Ascential\DataStage7.5.1\dsexport" /h=host /u=user /p=password /exec /append PROJECT /job=JobName1 export.dsx
"C:\Program Files\Ascential\DataStage7.5.1\dsexport" /h=host /u=user /p=password /exec /append PROJECT /job=JobName2 export.dsx

I found that the executable is included in the dsx file.
I have to use the /append parameter for appending the jobs in one file, but it must be used with /exec which used for export executable.
Can any one tell me how to change the command to export without executable?

Thank you very much!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

I don't believe it's possible. But you can always remove the executable from the export file afterwards.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Seems odd that you 'must include' an optional command line switch like /exec but it's been a long time since I've played with that. What happens when you leave it off?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
edwardlee
Participant

Post by edwardlee »

chulett wrote:Seems odd that you 'must include' an optional command line switch like /exec but it's been a long time since I've played with that. What happens when you leave it off?
If I remove the /exec then I cannot use /append. The second command would replace the previous dsx file. :?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That makes even less sense, what would one have to do with the other? :?

I'll have to play with it when I get a chance.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
edwardlee
Participant

Post by edwardlee »

Thank you for all your reply.
I have write a dos batch file to export job by job and concat the file into one.

I have another problem, I can export one job now but how can I export just one table def? I have search around and find no place talking about export just one table def. Please help.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No facility exists for exporting a single table definition or a single routine or a single anything else.

I did once write a routinefor dumping a table definition into a number of formats, including XML.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.