Mail Notification

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srao
Premium Member
Premium Member

Mail Notification

Post by srao »

Hi,

I have attached email notification to Sequence of the jobs but when sequence runs succsesfully then it sends mail notifiaction ,but if it aborts then it won't send mail notification.

I want send the notification if job fails also. Please help me regards.
Maveric
Participant

Post by Maveric »

Abort u mean the job that the sequence runs or the sequence itself? If it is the sequence then i guess u need to use an exception handler. If it is the jobs then u will have to handle it in the sequence to send the mail even if one of the jobs abort.
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities - J.K.Rowling
swades
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by swades »

You can use Sequencer activity in sequence job.Set Sequencer mode to "ANY"
and connect this stage to your job activity stage (whichever you want).And set triggers expression type to failed for that link in job activity.
michaeld
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by michaeld »

Does the sequence job itself abort or the server/parallel job that you are calling in your sequence?

A) If it's the sequence job itself that aborts:

Create a wrapper sequence that calls your current sequence. Then you can capture the abort the same a you would when calling a server/parallel job.

B) If it's a job that you're calling within the sequence:

Use an exception handlert and call another notification activity or set the trigger on the link to unconditional.
Mike