SIGSEGV Error

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jaideepbakre
Participant

SIGSEGV Error

Post by jaideepbakre »

In a transformer i am trying to divide the input column (DECIMAL) into three otput columns(INTEGER). I am using AsInteger(linkname.colname) but getting an error as 'Operator terminated abnormally: received signal SIGSEGV'. Can anyone help me out?
Jaideep Bakre
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Hello jaideepbakre and welcome to DSXchange.

If you remove the AsInteger() function does the job run (you will get a warning message about the implicit conversion)? What stages are the 3 outputs going to? If you reset the job do you get an entry in the log file labelled "from previous run...", and if so does it contain more information about your segementation violation error?
jaideepbakre
Participant

Post by jaideepbakre »

I meant to say that 1 column in the input is to be divided into 3 columns in the output in a transformer stage.Even if i remove AsInteger i am getting data related warnings.I think i should put some default values and check. The next stage is a funnel and then i am populating a DataSet and DB2 table.
Jaideep Bakre
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It might be worth trying AsInteger(DecimalToDecimal()), with the first transition to a decimal number with 0 decimal places.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.