Can't open property of any Activity in Sequence

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rafik2k
Participant

Can't open property of any Activity in Sequence

Post by rafik2k »

Hi,
I am facing one problem. While adding any activity and link to one another, I can't open property of the activity.

For some activities(like startloop_activity,endloop_activity) with no link with it, I can open the properties. The momemnt I create a link on it, I can't open the property.

For other activiies(like Job Activity,Routine Activity,UserVariables Activity etc), even I can't open property without link on it.

I was thinking that Sequence is not installed properly.
But I don't have any idea on this.

Please note that one time I got following error while clicking job parameter in job sequence, but when I closed the job and reopened again the error message got disappeared.

Code: Select all

(40503) A call to an OLE server has failed, or a runtime error occured within the OLE server itself

My question is Can I unistall the sequence and re-install only sequence part again from datastage cd.

or what is the solution on same?

Thanks in advance.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Please try using search before posting a question like this, you will find that it has been asked, and answered, many times in the past.

If you create a new sequence and don't have the same problem, then the job design information for that sequence is most likely corrupted and you will have to re-write it.

If you have the same problem with a newly created sequence, then you will need to contact your support provider to get a patch for your client workstation to solve this.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Re-boot the client machine to clear out any DLLs or OCXs with unattached handles from memory.

Are you running on Windows XP sp2? If so, do you have the patch needed to have Designer work properly with job sequences?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rafik2k
Participant

Post by rafik2k »

Thanks ArndW for quick reply.
I had tried using searching criteria and found 7081 post, but unable to find suitable solution for my issue.

If anyone of you have any reference of previous post on same, kindly let me know.

Ray: Thanks, client machine has been rebooted many times. Yes I am using Windows XP Professional. i have no idea about sp2, whether it is installed or not.
Any way how can I check it?

Can you please let me know what specific patch is needed to work properly?

As an alternative solution, Can I re-install only sequence part from Datastage CD, Kindly let me know

Thanks in Advance
RelianceDss
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by RelianceDss »

rafik2k wrote:Thanks ArndW for quick reply.
I had tried using searching criteria and found 7081 post, but unable to find suitable solution for my issue.

If anyone of you have any reference of previous post on same, kindly let me know.

Ray: Thanks, client machine has been rebooted many times. Yes I am using Windows XP Professional. i have no idea about sp2, whether it is installed or not.
Any way how can I check it?

Can you please let me know what specific patch is needed to work properly?

As an alternative solution, Can I re-install only sequence part from Datastage CD, Kindly let me know

Thanks in Advance
Hi,

With windows xp sp2, you need to install a patch for the client to use sequencer properly i.e to open properties. Contact your vendor and ask them for the patch.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

rafik2k wrote:i have no idea about sp2, whether it is installed or not. Any way how can I check it?
My Computer, right-click, Properties, 'System' section. If you have 'Service Pack 2' installed, it will be listed there.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rafik2k
Participant

Post by rafik2k »

Thanks RelianceDss and Craig.
Ya I now see service pack 2 on my machine.
I need to ask patch from ibm support team.