User-defined query in DRS stage

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gangs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gangs »

chulett wrote:Hmm... UNIX server, DS 7.5.1A - question marks. And it specifically complained about the colons. Still, the actual errors were not posted - they were paraphrased instead - so who knows.

I'll step away and let you guys 'work it out'.
hi... it worked out. thanks so much for all the patience & help. am really very SORRY for having wasted ur time witht that generic info. it was a SQL server in windows. this is good learning for me
  • technical information that i learnt
  • i learnt to give enough info wen posting a specific subject
am still curious to know more abt this query generation. actually the query that i had stated was wat was seen in the designer, in the query tab of the DRS stage. and i had copied that & modified in my user-defined query tab.

wen u said abt the '?' i verified in the director and there i saw the '?'. it had even removed the to_date fn (thats not avail with sql server). could u plz let me know more on this. (all i could understand was that DS has a generic sql generated in the job design & translates it at run-time)

again thanks all for the lightning-speed responses
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Get to a TCL prompt and type the command HELP BCI SQLBindParameter
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.