User Login log

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kuand
Premium Member
Premium Member

User Login log

Post by kuand »

Is there a way to find the maximum number of used licenses (or connected client machines at the same time) over a periode?
I know that there will be created a record in DS_LICENSE table (hashed file), but this record will be removed when the client do a clean logoff.

The reason to this question is that my company proberly has to many licenses compared to what we are using.
Company is a big Bank in 4 different countries, with DS user in each and some is also using Citrix to login.
ralleo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ralleo »

In UV, type listu to find out how many users are connected or in unix, who -R

In UV, try this. SELECT @ID FMT '60L' FROM DS_LICENSE;

Else call your software provider support, they can tell you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Throw a lucky man in the sea and he would come out with a fish in his mouth
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Licence usage over time is not monitored by the product. You would need to set up your own mechanism.

Theoretically you could add a before insert trigger to the DS_LICENSE hashed file: unfortunately this capability (triggers on hashed files) was added to UniVerse only after the split from DataStage. The next best solution might be to modify the LOGIN entry to each project to execute a routine if @TTY="dscs" or @TTY="uvcs". Whatever you do here, you must guarantee that processes get cleanly through to TCL with no unexpected output.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.