Windows 2003 EE Server Performance and Porting to SUNSolaris

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

VCInDSX
Premium Member
Premium Member

Windows 2003 EE Server Performance and Porting to SUNSolaris

Post by VCInDSX »

Hi Group,
We have been asked to use Datastage Server EE 7.5x2 installed on a Windows 2003 Server box. From various postings on this forum I understand that it is possible to create parallel jobs in this setup.
The server is going to be a 4 CPU, 8GB RAM system.

I was looking for some performance related information in Win 2003 environment, if contributors of this forum might have gathered over the years. Typical jobs would be
Job Type 1) Read from source database tables, apply transforms (business rules) and update target tables. Volume of 15 to 20 million records in all. 80% will be UPDATEs, 15 % will be ADDs and the rest will be DELETEs. The frequency of the operation will be 3 to 4 times a day.
Job Type 2) Read from Target database tables and generate several (5) different XML response files. Each response file might vary in volume. 3 million records to 12 million and should undergo Schema validation on the output :(. XML Output will be tied to a predefined XML Schema (XSD). Frequency of this is once a day.
Job Type 3) Same as Job Typ 2, but will provide only deltas of the target database tables in XML files, but would still undergo Schema validation on the output :(. XML Output will be tied to a predefined XML Schema (XSD). Frequency of this is thrice a day.

UNIX Porting
Also, we will eventually be moving to a UNIX (SUN) environment down the lane (8 - 12 Months :( )
Has anyone migrated from a Windows environment to UNIX?
Any gotchas, practices, suggestions to follow so that we don't get burned on a large scale...?

Thanks in advance for your invaluable time and input,
P.S Let me know if any additional information is required for your review.
-V