need help to write a sample routine, any doc.

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vskumar08
Participant

Post by vskumar08 »

hai guys,

I have gone through Basic Guide in the docs folder of DataStage but it doesn't have any topic on writing a sample routine. Please...., if anyone can help me.

Thanks
bullabai vachadu
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

If you are looking for a BASIC transformer routine you can look in the SDK folder via DataStage Manager. If you are looking for a parallel job transformer routine tutorial try my blog post The Top 7 Online DataStage Tutorials as they are hard to find on the IBM website.
vskumar08
Participant

Post by vskumar08 »

vmcburney wrote:If you are looking for a BASIC transformer routine you can look in the SDK folder via DataStage Manager. If you are looking for a parallel job transformer routine tutorial try my blog post [url=http: ...

Thanks for your reply mate,.
Yes, I am working with Parallel jobs and I want to write a sample routine so that I can better understand all the routines used in my sequences. I have gone through the document in Basic.pdf in the docs folder but couldn't find info to write a sample routine my self.

Please, can you give me you blog post url without http:.... . may be this site is restricting the address which you have given.
bullabai vachadu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Routines called from job sequences are, in fact, server routines not parallel routines. There are many examples posted here, search for the word FUNCTION.

As to how to write them, you must begin with a plan of what you want to accomplish - the input argument(s), the algorithm and the return value. Only once you have that are you in a position to convert to code.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.