Not able to import metadata from Oracle 10g to DS 7.5.1 Vers

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Sridhar Sivakoti
Participant

Not able to import metadata from Oracle 10g to DS 7.5.1 Vers

Post by Sridhar Sivakoti »

Hi,

When I am trying to import metadata from Oracle 10g to DS 7.5.1 Version , I am getting BCI error.

Please let me know , why I am getting this error and how can I resolve this.

Thanks
Sridhar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

My car won't start. Tell me what's wrong.

We cannot diagnose problems reported as "there is an error".

We need to know the precise error message. Copy/paste it from the log detail view - do not summarize, do not paraphrase.

Why are you using the ODBC stage for your import? Why not use the Oracle plug-in?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Sridhar Sivakoti
Participant

I am getting this error

Post by Sridhar Sivakoti »

Error is

"DSR.MetaGeta(GET.TABLES)(SQL Connect('Oracle_Sridhar','trainee005'))BCI Error:SQLSTATE=NA000,CODE=0,[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]

Please suggest me.
ray.wurlod wrote:My car won't start. Tell me what's wrong.

We cannot diagnose problems reported as "there is an error".

We need to know the precise error message. Copy/paste it from the log detail view - do no ...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Don't use the ODBC stage unless that's how you plan on accessing Oracle in your jobs. You really should be using the 'Plug-In Metadata' option and specifying one of the OCI stages for this.

Have you setup your DataStage server for Oracle? That means either having an Oracle client setup and configured on the DataStage server or the proper creation of all the pieces needed for ODBC.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There was no need to shout. :roll:

The error message is "failure to connect". Unless you can connect successfully you will not be able to import metadata or do anything else. There is something wrong with your connection request - it might be user ID/password, it might be server name, it might be a misconfiguration of the ODBC DSN, it might be a misconfiguration in the Oracle client software.

Can you connect to Oracle from the DataStage server by some other means?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.