How to use Oracle 10G through datastage 7.1?

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

skumar
Participant

How to use Oracle 10G through datastage 7.1?

Post by skumar »

Hi all,

I just wanted to know the information,Are there anyways that are possible to connect oracle 10G through Datastage 7.1 version???If that can be possible please let me know how to acheive that...........

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
skumar.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Only via a scripted approach, unless you have an OCI stage that is documented as working with Oracle 9i - this will connect successfully to Oracle 10g.

Otherwise upgrade to version 7.5.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
skumar
Participant

Post by skumar »

Ray,

Thanks for your reply and can you please tell me what type of scripting is required and where to call it??Can you explain a bit more on the same if you don't mind..........

Thanks,
Srinivas.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I wouldn't worry about a 'scripted' approach right now. You can connect to an Oracle 9i instances via an OCI9 stage right now, yes? Since that's the case, all you need to do is continue to use the 9i client and simply point it to a 10g instance. Will work fine.

In other words, you shouldn't have to do anything special for this, other than ensure that the tnsnames entry for the 10g instance gets into the tnsnames.ora file under your 9i client.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers