This Job contains one or more unattached links, all links mu

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

arun_kumar
Participant

This Job contains one or more unattached links, all links mu

Post by arun_kumar »

Hi all,
I am facing problem while compiling this job.

This Job contains one or more unattached links, all links must be attached before compiling.
Arunkumar..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. :D

The problem here is that every link must connect two stages. There is at least one in your design that does not. That link is probably red. Make sure that both ends of it connect to a stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

And keep in mind it could very very small, especially if created accidentally with a right-click and small twitch of the mouse.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

If its the case as Craig mentioned, when you get compilation error, click on 'Show Stage' on the window. The link will become highlightened and therefore visible.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
arun_kumar
Participant

Un attached links,Job compilatin error.

Post by arun_kumar »

Hi all,
I had done same thing,Still i am getting the same problem.I had seperated this and made as seperate job,but still i am getting the same error.

One more note is In this job it is not showing the error stage also.

Please help me regarding this case.

Thank you.
Arunkumar..
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

as Ray said, do you see anything red in the job? post the snapshot of the job if you can
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

How many stages do you have? If its less, copy paste them to a different job, instead of copying the job or doing 'Select All'.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There IS an unattached link somewhere, if you're getting the same message. Could you have placed a link somewhere you can't see it, because it's scrolled off the screen. Zoom in, and see if you can see it that way.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

If you choose "Show Link" from the compilation box and immediately hit the delete button it should remove the link even if you can't see it. Another way of finding it is to draw a selection box over your entire job and see if anything gets highlighted that is too small to see. You also might have a stage that looks like it is attached to a link when it is not. This happens when you change a stage from one that does support a reject to one that does not. The unnattached link should be in red.
chandra.shekhar@tcs.com
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chandra.shekhar@tcs.com »

Check whether the unattached or unused links,very small icons are in the processing area.Small icons are somewhere in developing area screen.Scroll up and down ,left and right directions.If you dropped some stages and minimized to very very small icons then you don't concentrate on this. Before this check all the target columns are mapped or not.
Thanx and Regards,
ETL User
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

chandra.shekhar@tcs.com wrote:Check whether the unattached or unused links,very small icons are in the processing area.Small icons are somewhere in developing area screen.Scroll up and down ,left and right directions.If you dropped some stages and minimized to very very small icons then you don't concentrate on this. Before this check all the target columns are mapped or not.
You don't think this might have been resolved sometime in the last three years ? What value do you add by repeating advice that was given back then ?