Windows and Unix

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

speedsterrules
Participant

Windows and Unix

Post by speedsterrules »

Do we have different DS Server software to install on windows and unix or the same cd can be used for both platforms ?

Thanks
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

All operating systems have their own compiled code. A single CD can only contain the binaries for a single OS. Since DS versions have to correspond to an OS version, you have a support matrix to check when purchasing/upgrading DS. The same version may be only supported on a few platforms initially. They phase them in over time. Your CD only contains the OS that matches your license.

FYI: With 8.0, I hear it's currently taking 3 CDs. :shock:
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Last time I checked you could install the Windows server off the Windows CD that you get to install the clients even if you have a UNIX server.

You will, however, require a separate authorization for the Windows server; the platform type is one of the items of information encoded into the authorization code. The UNIX authorization code will not work for a Windows server.

It's my understanding that the IBM Information Server comes on a single DVD. And that there's no more auth codes - authorization is managed via an XML document that IBM sends you in exchange for fistfuls of cash.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.