IA: Invalid File Path in External Bundle Location

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

tanu2706
Participant

IA: Invalid File Path in External Bundle Location

Post by tanu2706 »

Hi,

When trying to create an external bundle 'TestBundle' using 'Create External Bundle Location'. It says Invalid FilePath.

When tried with /data/test/TestBundle, it again says Invalid File Path.

What shall be done to overcome this problem?

Thanks,
Tanu
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Hi,

Does the directory '/data/test/TestBundle' exist? You are being asked for a directory location, not a file name. The file name is generated based on what you are trying to run (column analysis, rule, etc).
Regards,
Robert
tanu2706
Participant

Post by tanu2706 »

Thanks for replying!

Yes the directory exist and its says invalid filepath. Even though I tried giving a file name or file name along with the path or just the path name. Nothing is working.

Any suggestions?
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Hi,

How about permissions for the directory '/data/test/TestBundle'? Does the user in Project Properties > Analysis Engine tab, 'DataStage Credentials' section have the ability to write to that directory? In other words, can you log on to the server as that user and 'touch xxx' in the directory?
Regards,
Robert
tanu2706
Participant

Post by tanu2706 »

User has the necessary permissions, but my concern is, it should atleast allow it to save. How come even without running it throws that warning, forcing it not to even save the bundle.
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Hi,

'Save' is save only, not run. You use save to be able to run repetitively later.

Sorry - I am out of ideas. It definitely works on my system. You should probably open a support ticket with your support provider.
Regards,
Robert
xinhuang66
Participant

Post by xinhuang66 »

I had the same issue before.

Finally, i found the directory I input need to be a local directory other than a server directory..

I put a local directory, and it worked.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Congratulations on solving this. I am not aware of any such requirement being documented.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
tanu2706
Participant

Post by tanu2706 »

only thing missing was an extension. it needed to save the file name with ".xml" extn and it worked.

Sorry for not updating it with this info.