Connector drop-down empty when configuring Data Store

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

cosmok
Participant

Connector drop-down empty when configuring Data Store

Post by cosmok »

I am trying to configure a Data Store for a project in Information Analyzer 8.5, but when I go to create it the Connector drop-down is empty (a mandatory field) under the Define a Data Connection settings.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? Is there something wrong with my project setup or product installation?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you created any Data Connection definitions (for example in DataStage)?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
cosmok
Participant

Post by cosmok »

I have managed to import some metadata via DataStage using the Connector Import Wizard and my ODBC DSN. It shows up in Information Analyzer. However, I still cannot add a data source in Information Analyzer (same problem as initial post).

Also, if I create a data rule and try and set the bindings, the Data Source pane doesn't list any data sources, even though my metadata seemed to import ok from DataStage.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Using the Connector import wizard does not create a Data Connection definition unless you click the Save option during the process. Do you have any Data Connection objects? (These are not the same as Connector objects.)
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

Do you know what the installation layout is?

ie: Is the engine tier you use for IA on the same machine as the services tier (and on the same engine tier as you used to import using DataStage)?

If the services tier and engine tier[s] for DS & IA are not on the same box, you could get this problem if the NodeAgents aren't running properly on the engine tier you are using for IA.
cosmok
Participant

Post by cosmok »

Ray: I can save a Data Connection in DataStage, but does it have any effect in IA?

Stuart: The installation is split between two boxes, one with services/engine tier, and the other with the client.
cosmok
Participant

Post by cosmok »

Ok I figured this out eventually.

There's a weird bug where if you define a host that is not an Engine Tier the connector drop-down becomes empty for all hosts/data stores. So if you have an existing host that is a valid Engine Tier, after adding another host (that isn't) the existing data store loses its connector - that drop down is empty as well.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Agreed, that shouldn't happen. Have you reported it through your support provider? Well done on resolving it.