View IA published results in DS

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

vam
Charter Member
Charter Member

View IA published results in DS

Post by vam »

Hi
I have been trying to view IA published results for a Sequential file definition from DataStage. Unfortunately still have not been able to succeed.

Kindly let me know how can i view the results from DataStage.

I was able to view the results of this file definition from BG and MWB.
It displayed the following details

-Number of Rows
-Number of columns
-Key structure
-When was it analyzed
-Which project in IA was it analyzed
-Who was it analyzed by
-Any notes or annotations given on the table definition.

Would appreciate if someone could guide me on how to view the IA results form DS.

Thanks
Vam
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

They're not stored in DataStage, so can't be accessed easily from there. Intermediate results are stored in IADB, final results are stored in XMETA. Use the reporting console to viewInformation Analyzer reports (which have to be created within IA).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vam
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by vam »

Thanks Ray for responding.

One of the other teams, were able to view the analysis details which i had listed in my earlier note (which i was able to see from IA and MWB).
The team goes to DataStage project

Repository-->MetaData Sharing-->Create Table Definition from Shared Table

and choose the definition from the IA DataStore.

I tried the same, but after importing i still dont see those details in the Table Definition's "Analytical Information" tab in the properties.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks
Vam
vam
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by vam »

Just wanted to let you know that this is for 8.1 release.
Vam
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

So the burning questions are:

Which table definitions from the IA store?

How are they viewing the data in these tables?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vam
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by vam »

Please find the answers below

The Sequential file definition, that was analyzed in IA

They are not viewing the data in the tables, they are able to see the analysis information in the imported file definition in DataStage designer. The analysis results can be seen in the "Analytical Information" tab of the defintion properties.

Thanks,
Vam
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Ah, I comprehend.

You've missed the vital step of publishing the results in IA. Once you've done this the information you want will appear in the Table Definition in DataStage.
vam
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by vam »

Hi Ray
I had published the results and so was i able to see the summary of analysis results in both BG and MWB. Not sure why i am not able to see that in DS.

Thanks,
Vam
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Close and re-open DataStage Designer?
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

....yeah...either that or perhaps try to go and get it again... (Repository...Metadata Sharing....) ..that will bring "Shared Tables" into DataStage.

...it also "might" have been brought in earlier and is no longer in sync. The icon changes somewhat...there is a reconciliation feature if you right mouse click on the table that has the little "book" icon above it (looks like a bird to me).

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
truenorth
Participant

Post by truenorth »

Don't know if I'm out on left field here, but I think you will need to export out the analysis results to a flat file. The other team may have done this, based on what you said that they got the definition from flat files. There is no way for you get the definitions straight out of IADB, short of going thru the cryptic table and column names.
Todd Ramirez
Sr Consultant, Data Quality
San Antonio TX
bkamila
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bkamila »

Probably you can see it in DataStage. You have to import the definition. In DataStage go to import Table Definition and Select Sequential File definition, probably you will be able to import the definition.
BANA KAMILA
BI, Data Warehouse and Database Consultant
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Don't forget that, to be able to see the analysis results (and notes, if any) n DataStage, then DataStage will need to be using shared table definitions.