Failed to open Information Server Console

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

ETL_10
Participant

Failed to open Information Server Console

Post by ETL_10 »

Hello,

I have just installed information server client, including datastage designer, director, admin, Information server console. I need to work on Information Analyzer. I didnt work before on Information Analyzer.

After installation I am successfully able to log in to designer, director, admin. But when I am trying to open "Information Server Console" to work on Information Analyzer, it is giving following error:

Internal Error - Failed to load the Java Virtual Machine. The most common cause of this problem is a failure of the Java Virtual Machine to allocate enough memory. check on the memory setting in the file:
<InformationServerDir>\ASBNode\ConfigProxy.xml
are appropritaely configured (see release notes for more information).

Other possible reasons for this failure are that one or more dependent. JARs are not present or some other configuaration problem exist.

Set the following environment variable to get extended error information:
XMOG_TRACE_LEVEL = TraceVerbose
XMOG_TRACE_FILE = c:\xmogtrace.txt

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. How much memory is available on your client? The JVM for Information Analyzer is pretty big.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rramprasad78
Participant

Re: Failed to open Information Server Console

Post by rramprasad78 »

Hi,
I had the same problem and when we increased it to 2GB, it worked fine. So probably you may look at atleast 2GB of physical RAM on your client desktops.
Hope this info helps.

Thanks.

Regards,
Ramprasad Ramani
ETL_10
Participant

Post by ETL_10 »

Hi,

I have resolved the issue. I have reduced the maximumheapsize in proxyconfig file. :D

Thanks
sohasaid
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sohasaid »

I have this problem currently, wanted to ask...where have you changed the proxyconfig.xml file... is it on the datastage server or client?
as i didn't find a proxy.xml file on my machine!!

my current case is that am connecting through my 8.1 client to a datastage 8.1 on Linux

Thank you.

ETL_10 wrote:Hi,

I have resolved the issue. I have reduced the maximumheapsize in proxyconfig file. :D

Thanks