IA error: Invalid username and password

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

rramprasad78
Participant

IA error: Invalid username and password

Post by rramprasad78 »

Hi,
Probably the topic might look "whats this???" But i encounter a strange issue.
I was able to login to IA on Tuesday with ia admin username. Today, i keep getting an error invalid username and password.
Things that have not changed include:
a. no pwd restrictions are in place
b. no one has played around with adminstrative settings or user settings etc

However one important note where in i will require expert advise is does transfer of license has any issue. Because the current license that we are using has been transferred from another vendor.

Also, are there any other probable reasons which can be thought of or i need to consider?

Thank you all in advance.

Regards,
Ramprasad Ramani
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In the configuration of IA are you using a static DataStage credential user and, if so, might that user's password have expired or otherwise have become invalidated/locked?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
wernerg_at
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by wernerg_at »

Hi,

am I right that the tool you are talking about is the Information Server Console (ISC). If it is ISC it's important to know which kind of user registry you use within your Information Server Installation.

- internal (the installation default)
- external
for example ldap or local operating system

if you use the internal user-registry (user, roles and passwords are stored in xmeta) you may ask your information server admin to reset your password via the information server web console.

if you use an external user-registry you may doublecheck - as Ray already suggested - if the user is locked or the password has expired.

In both cases it might be useful to check the Websphere SystemOut.log Logfile and search for authentication issues/exceptions.

BR

Werner
rramprasad78
Participant

Post by rramprasad78 »

Hi Ray and Werner,

Thank you for your expertise. As suggested, i digged into the SystemOut.log file. I find two strange exceptions:
a. whenever i have tried logging in using installation specific username and pwd, i have an error saying "max sessions reached"
b. whenever i have tried using UNIX OS username, i have got password has expired

So to resolve, i tried logging into webconsole, and strangely after i hit the login button, i get an error saying: "The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request. Click here to go back to the previous page."
Has this something got to do with the level of access i have on local desktops.
Pls note: I have currently very basic level of access and cant even run Cmd prompt or view my computer.

Any ideas why this error occurs or any help?

Thank you once again.

Regards,
Ramprasad Ramani
wernerg_at
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by wernerg_at »

You may get rid of the error message a) and the behavior of the web console if you restart your services including websphere application server. (note: take care to do this in the right order to keep your services up and running.) If this does not help consider opening a support case.

Regarding the password issue I still don't know if you are using the internal user registry or an external for user authentication. considering the error message b) it seems that you're using local operating system. You should clarify this together with your information server and/or websphere admin.

If you use local operation system ask the system admin if your password has expired and provide a new one.
rramprasad78
Participant

Post by rramprasad78 »

Hi Werner,
Thank you for your reply. Apologies for late reply, I did not work for couple of days. I will try out the suggestions and let everyone know of the resolution.
Thank you once again.

Regards,
Ramprasad Ramani
rramprasad78
Participant

Post by rramprasad78 »

wernerg_at wrote:If you use local operation system ask the system admin if your password has expired and provide a new one.
Hi Werner,
Yes, i am using local operating system. I found that the username of metadata repository has expired. I got it live again and it works fine now.

Thank you for all your help.

Regards,
Ramprasad Ramani