Reference Table Question

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

josh.guffey
Participant

Reference Table Question

Post by josh.guffey »

Hi Everyone,

I have been working with Information Analyzer today and I was researching a way to take the reference tables that I create inside of IA and use that data by ETL processes in DataStage (via lookup or join). I know that I can go to the Investigate menu and then select Table Management to export the reference tables that I create in IA as text files, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a more direct method to call these reference tables from a DataStage job. I can definitely create load processes and load the data from the extracted txt files or call the IA_DB directly via ODBC, but I thought I may be missing a more direct path. I have searched all over [i46aegde.pdf (IA Users Guide)] and the Information Analyzer Redbook, but I have not seen any example like this.

Thanks in advance for the input.

Josh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A parallel job can, of course, use a text file as a source for a reference lookup.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
josh.guffey
Participant

Post by josh.guffey »

I do not disagree, I was just curious as to if anyone knew of a faster method. Thanks for the comment.

Josh