trigger IA jobs using unix command

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

ahmedwaseem2000
Premium Member
Premium Member

trigger IA jobs using unix command

Post by ahmedwaseem2000 »

Hi,

I was looking for command options where in I could find if the analysis has completed successfully and trigger the column analysis using unix commands.

can some one please let me know if this is possible?

Thanks,
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Apparently yes, an executable named "iaJob" and which I would guess would be found in a bin directory somewhere under the IA installation.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ahmedwaseem2000
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ahmedwaseem2000 »

well, do you know the paths just to try? I have searched everywhere on server and the file is not found and also, I have asked the DS admin to look for the file and he has told that he cant find it. it says "iaJob is the location" so, I am assuming that I have to look for something like the osh scripts or something similar for individual jobs.

Please let me know your thoughts.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I have no DataStage access so can't check anything and have to go by what you posted. And what you posted means (if true) that there must be some sort of executable out there by that name if that is indeed a valid command line option.

If you cannot find any such thing, suggest you contact your official support provider if no other advice is forthcoming here.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

IAJob.bat and IAJob.sh are to be found on the client machine, in the ASBNode bin folder. Assuming you have installed in the default location, the pathname is C:\IBM\InformationServer\ASBNode\bin\IAJob.*
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.