Information Analyzer data sampling error

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

arvind_ds
Participant

Information Analyzer data sampling error

Post by arvind_ds »

Hi Experts,

I have done column analysis successfully on one source table using Information Analyzer.Now when I open Primary key analysis tab and try to run "Create data sample" task, I get the below error.

IA-Handler: Start new handler task 41

Sampling enabled
=================
executeEngineInfo.getSampleNthValue = 0
executeEngineInfo.getSamplePercent = 5.0
executeEngineInfo.getSampleSeed = 1276012653429
executeEngineInfo.getSampleSize = 2000
executeEngineInfo.getSampleType = 2
executeEngineInfo.isSampleUsed = true
Job 41: DataSample12654719: Creating datastage job
Job 41: DataSample12654719: starting job run
Job 41: DataSample12654719: job status is running
Job 41: DataSample12654719: aborted
Job failure log
============
Event 1: pxbridge(1): [IIS-CONN-DAAPI-000063] Unable to determine association between statement parameters and table columns. The connector will not be able to obtain external schema and only limited schema reconciliation will be performed
Event 2: pxbridge(1): [IIS-CONN-ODBC-000033] An error occurred while dropping the existing table. Statement = {0}
Event 3: main_program: Fatal Error: [IIS-CONN-ODBC-000034] An error occurred while creating the table. Statement = {0}

Job failed:CleanUpDataSample

Job 41: DataSample12654719: job deleted

IA-Handler: Handler task 41 failed: processing time of 26 seconds.

Kindly help.
Arvind
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

First off, what do YOU understand by the diagnostic messages that have been produced?

There were errors dropping and creating tables (one can reasonably assume in IADB). Does that ring any bells for you? Does the phrase "database privileges" have any resonance?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
arvind_ds
Participant

Post by arvind_ds »

It looks like dsadm user does not have the privilege to drop/create tables in IADB database. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Arvind
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's certainly what it looks like to me. Assuming, of course, that your job was running as dsadm.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.