How to migrate a Web Service between environments

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

petedi@vsp.com
Participant

How to migrate a Web Service between environments

Post by petedi@vsp.com »

Can anyone tell me the correct procedure to use to migrate a Web Service from my Dev server to my Prod server?

I created a project, application, service, and operation in Dev and deployed the application (as a Web Service). If I then export the application (Web Service) from Dev and import it to Prod it is successful; however, I then have to update each of my operations to point to the parallel job on my Prod server.

Obviously, if I have more than a few operations, this will be time consuming. So, is there a standard method to export a Web Service from Dev and import it to Prod?

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Moderator: please move to General forum.

Welcome aboard. This is not an Information Analyzer question, as one simply does not have the capacity to publish profiling jobs as web services.

I don't know the answer to your question - hopefully someone else will - but sometimes you simply do have to consume time to so things. The preferred deployment tools is Information Server Manager, the command line for which is istool. Search DSXchange or the manuals to find the syntax for this command.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

I don't think istool supports ISD services yet..... Can we assume that you are talking about 8.x ISD services? (as opposed to RTI in 7.x)?

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>